FW Status Recovery Error

CKnoell

FW Status Recovery Error

Post by CKnoell »

I'm trying to setup my uSVR for headless operation using Intel AMT. I have the most recent BIOS (12-15-13) installed.

However, I've been unable to get AMT working. When I select 'Enter MEBx setup' in the BIOS, I receive the 'FW Status Recovery Error' message upon reboot. The system then boots the installed OS. I have also tried using the Intel AMT Configuration Utility to make a bootable USB key and get the same error.

I've even reflashed the BIOS with the same (12-15-13) version. I did notice that it does reboot a few times after the BIOS update was complete and finally displayed the above error before successfully booting the installed OS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Knoell

mbirger

Re: FW Status Recovery Error

Post by mbirger »

• First please enter AMT settings in the BIOS and set Un-Configure ME to reset all AMT settings.

CKnoell

Post by CKnoell »

I selected Un-Configure ME as suggested. I receive the same error message upon reboot.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

After selecting this Un-Configure ME, you should save and exit. The system reboots and ask if you want to continue with unconfiguration. You type Y (yes).

Then you can continue with the AMT fresh setup.

Did you go through all these steps?

CKnoell

Post by CKnoell »

I selected Un-Configure ME, save and exit. Upon reboot the error is displayed. There are no other messages.

I have tried disabling AMT, re-enabling, and then Un-Configuring, but the result is the same.

CKnoell

Post by CKnoell »

When I select the MEBx debug output option in the AMT settings, I get the following info (immediately after the error message):

MEBx V8.0.0.0070
ME Firmware version 0.0.0.0

....Other data..... (my description since I don't what data is significant)

MEBx continue state 0001
MEBx error state 0303

CKnoell

Post by CKnoell »

I just looked at 'ME Config' in BIOS settings. It lists ME FW version 8.1.20.1336.

Is there a way to reset the BIOS to the original factory settings in the BIOS setup?

CKnoell

Post by CKnoell »

I've tried resetting the BIOS using the method described for the IPC. This hasn't made a difference.

When I have reflashed the BIOS, it seems as though it isn't actually writing anything since it is at the same version. Is it possible to force an overwrite of the same version?

Flashing the BIOS with a previous working version, overwriting the current version or installing an updated version seems to be a common method to resolve this problem.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Definitely there is an option to reset the BIOS from the BIOS menu:
Exit -> Load Setup Defaults
As you have mentioned another method that may work is overriding system variables (that might led to this undefined state or error) by programming the same BIOS version.

Please let me know if you have managed to activate the AMT.

CKnoell

Post by CKnoell »

I have also tried 'Load Setup Defaults'. This does not rollback the BIOS version to the factory default. It does change the settings to the defaults.

In any case, it doesn't resolve the problem with the FW Status Recovery Error.

Is there a way to restore the BIOS exactly as it was when the uSVR was built? Specifically , the Intel ME BIOS needs to be what CompuLab loaded.

Is there a way to force a complete rewrite of the current BIOS update? The 'patch' option is preventing the BIOS from being rewritten since it is the same version.

Return to “General uSVR questions”