on-board serial

kilowatt

on-board serial

Post by kilowatt »

Greetings,

I'm sure this is completely unsupported, but I noticed the linux kernel picks up a serial controller and adds four entries into /dev (ttyS0 through ttyS3):

Code: Select all

[    0.586637] Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 4 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
Our application of the Fit-PC2 has some pretty demanding serial io that we are having difficulty with over USB.

I am wondering if the pins for one of these serial ports may be found on-board somewhere. I understand this is entirely unsupported but I think our team of several electrical engineers could probably figure it out if we knew where to look.

Thanks very much,

--E

opencompany

Re: on-board serial

Post by opencompany »

Did you come of with a solution for this?

@CompuLab: Any chance that a rev. of fit-PC2i with multiple serial ports could be considered or that it could be available as an option?

We have many customers who request 2+ serial ports.
Kind Regards,
Kevin Peter Gade

CompuLab Nordic A/S (www.compulabnordic.dk)
Danish distributor of fit-PC and other products from CompuLab since 2008.

kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Hey,

I never got a reply. I think it definitely has the hardware though, and if you're determined you could potentially find the pins.

--KW

kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Looking around... it looks like the 'industrial' Fit-PC2i has a serial port on the front panel:
http://fit-pc.co.uk/Fit_PC_2i.html

So maybe if you can get a look inside one of these and trace the connector, you can figure out where the controller is and thus the serial ports.

--KW

Return to “fit-PC2 hardware”