Diskless unit, using DVI-VGA adapter, but no output signal

phuz

Diskless unit, using DVI-VGA adapter, but no output signal

Post by phuz »

I bought a 40gb SATA drive separate and installed it, and I hooked up my HDMI/DVI cable and then connector the DVI/VGA adapter cable and plugged into monitor, but nothing shows up on the screen.

The monitor keeps saying its in power saving mode. For the heck of it, I tried a second monitor, no luck. I also tried a second DVI/VGA cable in case that first one was bad. The green light on the front of the unit comes on but that's as far as it gets. I need the screen so I can install XP on this new disk.

Any ideas?

yogev_ezra

Re: Diskless unit, using DVI-VGA adapter, but no output signal

Post by yogev_ezra »

A simple DVI-to-VGA adapter will not help you. You need a converter like HDFury 2008 Gamer Edition.

phuz

Post by phuz »

Yeah, I am learning more about this as we speak.
Apparently there is no cheap solution to get this Fit-PC2 to work with a VGA monitor, so you are either forced to buy an expensive converter or buy a monitor that accepts HDMI or DVI.
I am very disappointed with this setup.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

The information that Fit-PC2 on itself does not support VGA mode is clearly stated in the FAQ. You can get HDFury 2008 Gamer at around 100$ including shipping.

phuz

Post by phuz »

Oh, I am very well aware of the fact that it is clearly posted...I just find it very frustrating, and I am also finding that I am not the only one.

phuz

Post by phuz »

So I ordered a new monitor with DVI input, but I am guessing it is only the analog side of the DVI because it still doesn't recognize the Fit-PC video signal.
The monitor has a DVI input and a VGA input, so I assume the HDMI/DVI cable should work with this input.

So now what...

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

This one should work - what is the monitor make and model?

Return to “fit-PC2 hardware”