Power consumption

shay.a

Power consumption

Post by shay.a »

Hi,
in the spec. the power of intense PC (i7) is from 8W-27W (which is extremely high range)
i need an outdoor system (-20 : 60 C) for high processing system, ultra low power and low weight
1. i would like to know how it measured (Power consumption ) ? which load connected ?
2. i would like to know what will be the Power consumption when i am using the CPU and the Memory ( using running win 7 from SSD )
3. is it possible to eliminate the USB,Display /Graphics/Audio/ from the BOOT and reduce the power consumption ?
- if yes , how can i do it ? can u estimate the Power consumption in this mode ?

-Thx
Shay .

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Power consumption

Post by gabrielh »

Correct work of a Intense PC was validated at 0C - 70C temperatures, for the SSD configuration. We haven't validated it's performance at the negative temperature range yet.

The power consumption test were performed with different CPU/GPU loads, from idle mode to a full, 100% load of 2 cores (4 threads) and 90% load of a GPU. Also, high CPU optimization leaded to lower overall power consumption.

If you want to disable several peripheral devices for saving power, please leave them simply unplugged. Intense PC's power manager circuit will switch them shortly to a Low Power Mode.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Hello,
I need to use the PC in a closed environment. I need to clarify, does the temperature range 0-70C mean that it is guaranteed to function as long as the air temperature is in this range, or is this the temperature that the processor reaches. If so, what is the maximum temperature of the environment this PC can be used in?
Thanks
Bobby

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hello Bobby

0~70C is the environment temperature range. Please note, that the HDD's operation temperature range may vary. For high temepratures, you may consider to use an SSD storage instead of mechanical HDD.
Gabriel Heifets

Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Thank you! Also, could you tell me if the unit incorporates any auto-safety mechanism to protect against overheating in case the ambient temperature were to exceed the maximum?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

The unit incorporates an auto-safety mechanism. You should no worry about overheating damage to the Intense PC. When the ambient temperature will rise above the critical point, the Intense PC will be shutted down to prevent any overheating damage
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “Power and heat”