Making all the Compulab Windows 7 drivers work in Windows 8

vtailor

Making all the Compulab Windows 7 drivers work in Windows 8

Post by vtailor »

Someone once asked me, "Do you come with instructions?" That pretty well sums it up for Windows 8. I finally discovered a way to install both the graphics and the sound drivers from Compulab, not from Intel or Realtek, in Windows 7 compatibility mode (naturally). But, that means I am using 1360x768 resolution and the Realtek driver shows a pair of front speakers, but no rear speakers, and actually works, patch.exe window and all.

And, you know, Windows 8 really was never intended to run in "recommended" mode. You can tell the "recommended" graphics mode was a hoax, because the fonts were almost not visible, and were exactly the same as the Windows XP fonts for the same "recommended" mode. Once I was able to get a driver that worked in the ideal mode for the graphics chip, the fonts went back to being what you would expect, no funny stuff.

urberliner

Re: Making all the Compulab Windows 7 drivers work in Window

Post by urberliner »

So I have read a lot of rather cryptic posts from you on Windows 8 on the fit-pc2.
I want to sell my fit-pc2. I bought it diskless, but I assume it will sell better with win8 on.
As I can get that for free from dreamspark, I intend to install it incl. drivers.

Which drivers do you recommend?

Return to “Windows on fit-PC2”